Razer Blade 14 vs MacBook Pro retina?

Postby bornbazine » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:32 pm

All right so I'm just looking around for laptops that will be high end quality and will last me a while. These two have caught my eye because they are absolutely beautiful. Now I've had a Mac for the last 3 years or so and I really enjoy the os on it. I use photoshop a lot, listen to music, plan on making music, web browse a lot, run high videos, do homework, etc. I haven't really gotten into gaming but I would like the ability to do so, my computer hasn't had the best specs to run them. So what do you guys think? What would be a better computer for me to go to college with? What would you choose and why?
bornbazine

Postby stanway3 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:41 pm

All right so I'm just looking around for laptops that will be high end quality and will last me a while. These two have caught my eye because they are absolutely beautiful. Now I've had a Mac for the last 3 years or so and I really enjoy the os on it. I use photoshop a lot, listen to music, plan on making music, web browse a lot, run high videos, do homework, etc. I haven't really gotten into gaming but I would like the ability to do so, my computer hasn't had the best specs to run them. So what do you guys think? What would be a better computer for me to go to college with? What would you choose and why?
those are two very good laptops! I have been particularly interested in the razer blade and am thinking of getting one myself. To compare the specs it depend on which MacBook pro you go for. What you ultimately need to decide is do you want better gaming performance (Razer blade), or do you put more value on battery life and screen resolution (Macbook). If you dominantly want to use your new laptop for photoshop/music/videos go for the macbook pro, the specs are easily good enough and will allow you to play most games at high settings, plus the better screen resolution and battery will be very beneficial. However if you are serious about getting into gaming, then go for the razer, it's definitely superior in that department, but will let you down on battery life and as said the screen isn't as good. Either one you get will be good for what you're after.
stanway3

Return to Macbook Pro